Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blog Post # 4

This is a podcast logo.



I love the idea of doing podcasts in the classroom. After listening to "Eagles' Nest Radio" I really understood just how effective it can be for young students. Doing a podcast in the classroom helps the student get more involved in the lessons, and it helps them retain more knowledge of the subject. Years later, children will still be able to listen to their podcast and be proud of what they did. Reading the "Langwiches Blog," I see that even children as young as 6 and 7 years can be a part of a podcast. These students are getting to learn so much about technology at a young age.
I feel like it is so important for teachers to learn all they can about what ipods have to offer for education. This new generation of kids have so much technology at their fingertips, and it is important to teach them how to use it to it's full potential. I have had my ipod for several years now and had no idea it did anything more than play music. Reading "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better" has opened my eyes to a new way of studying for college. If children learn how to use the ipod now, then they will be years ahead of my generation in studying.
I enjoyed listening to these young students podcasts. I hope to use podcasts in my classroom on day!

2 comments:

  1. We hope so too. Do it! Be a podcasting teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I agree with you that after listening to these podcast, I realized how useful the podcast could be. I also feel like teachers should understand how to use an iPod, and use it effectively in the classroom. I enjoyed reading your post and I agree with you too. I want to also use iPods and all other technologies within my classroom.
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete