Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog Post # 1



I really wish that I would have been introduced to Randy Paush's Time Management video on the first day of my freshman year here at South. I feel like I am a great student and I always make the extra effort to go the extra mile in my classes, but I feel overwhelmed a lot because I do not manage my time wisely. Now I am juggling school, being a mother, being a wife, and working part time and it is very difficult for me to get everything done that I need to.
Randy taught on the importance of making a list every day with goals to accomplish for not only the day but the week also. I really feel like if I put that into practice I will not only be a better student but I will also feel less stressed out all the time. I also will remember to do the hardest tasks first in order to make life easier for me in the future. Now that I have been introduced to Randy Pausch I hope to learn more things about how to better manage my time. Pausch was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and found out he had just a few months to live. Instead of wallowing in self-pity he used his last months to try and change as much of the world as possible. In 2007 he gave a speech at Carnegie Mellon University entitled "The Last Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams." This speech has inspired many and Randy has gone down to be a great inspirational leader.


Hello! My name is Jessica Walker and I was born and raised here in Mobile, Alabama. I absolutely love living on the gulf coast and try to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and warm weather as much as I can in my free time. My husband Brett and I have been married for two and a half years and we have a precious daughter named Clara who will be turning two in a month.
This is a photograph of me and my daughter at the fair in 2010 in front of a camel


I am starting my junior year here at USA and am excited to get this chapter over in my life so I can become a teacher because I really feel I have a calling in teaching young children. I work at Carrabbas Italian Grill here in Mobile and I love working in the service industry because I enjoy working with people.
When I graduated high school I decided to take a year and a half off of school to work at a local daycare and try and figure out what I wanted to do in the next step in my life. After taking that time off I realized my love for educating children while at the daycare and came to South to get a degree and make it happen. So far I have enjoyed all of my education classes and I am looking forward to continuing my education in this edm 310 class. I have always been an open book and love to share my life with others so if you have any other questions about me please feel free to ask on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I see that we have some things in common. I was also born and raised on the beautiful gulf coast in Loxley, Alabama. I also work at a local daycare as a part-time job. I learned at a very young age that I wanted to be a teacher. Like you, I am looking forward to EDM 310 and my other education classes.

    ReplyDelete