Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Post # 9

Einstein writing on a chalk board.


"What I learned this year" by Joe McClung is a series of posts he has written for the past three years of what he has learned teaching that year. It is so interesting to read because you know that he is young and relatable. I know that when I become a teacher I am going to be so nervous, and it is encouraging to read his posts because he has been there and you learn how he has overcome it. In the 2009-2010 blog I learned how important it is to find your "class mom." She is someone who knows the ins and outs of the school, and she knows many of the students. I know when I am a student I will want to be very involved in my child's classroom. These moms can really come in handy from time to time so it will be important to know ahead of time who you can rely on.
From the 2010-2011 blog I learned how important it is as a teacher to not get too comfortable. When you feel like you are getting into a groove of teaching he suggests that you add something in your teaching style that will challenge you a little bit. You will never learn more things if you do not try something different. I fee like if a teacher tries different teaching styles on occasion the students will find the subject more interesting. I hope to read more of Mr. McClung's blog posts in the future. He really gives great advice that any teacher can take advice from.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica!
    I liked this blog for the same reasons you mentioned as well. It's good to know that someone else has been there and done that. I liked the "class mom" idea too and I think I might steal his idea. It's comforting to have someone there that can show you the ropes and knows more than you do.
    I like your blog and the way you have it organized. Keep up the good work and good luck in the rest of EDM310!
    Robin Hendricks

    ReplyDelete