Thursday, October 27, 2011

C4T # 3

On October 18, 2011, Bryan Bennett wrote a blog post "Video Is Not The Answer." He talks about how many teachers are focused on the video aspect of the flipped classroom and they are missing the bigger picture. I had not heard of the flipped classroom and had to do a little research on my own to really understand what the concept was really about. I found this link on youtube that really helped me see the full picture of what the flipped concept was really about. Bennett stresses that the video aspect of the flipped classroom is a reinforcer rather than the entire concept. He says one way to use the flipped classroom is if students are having trouble keep up with the lectures they can watch the videos to help them with that subject. I really enjoyed the blog because I learned a totally new teaching method, and I learned how to use the flipped classroom concept to the fullest extent. I wrote to Mr. Bennett that I was an education major and I wanted to learn more about the flipped classroom so I can use it in the future.

The Flipped Classroom



On October 24, 2011 Mr. Bennett wrote a blog post "Thoughts of Innovation." He started thinking of the concept of innovation after a tweet that a teacher Steven Anderson wrote on twitter about innovation. Mr. Bennett says that teachers have the opportunity to innovate every single day. We have the chance to try something new with our students. If we try something new and fail then we can still say at the end of the day that we tried something new. I really like that he is not afraid to try new things as a teacher. I believe that we all can learn something from this blog post and I am glad I was assigned to read it. I wrote to Mr. Bennett that I hoped in the future I would not be afraid to try new things and innovate my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I'm an EDM310 student and I think we have our MA 202 class together as well. I enjoyed reading your post. I haven't ever heard of the flipped classroom teaching method either. Sounds interesting! And I agree with Mr. Bennett's post on Thoughts of Innovation. We should always be positive about trying new things since our world is constantly changing with new ideas daily. Hope you have a great week! Good luck in EDM310!

    ReplyDelete