Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blog Post # 12

The flipped classroom


Our assignment for blog post # 12 is to create an assignment for a blog post Dr. Strange should have created. Write the instructions for the assignment and then do it. For my assignment I chose to learn more about the flipped classroom concept. I read a blog post that Bryan Bennett wrote talking about the flipped classroom. He wanted the readers to know that the flipped classroom is not only about the video. I had never heard of the flipped classroom so I had to do a little research on my own. I came across a youtube video that a man named Aaron Sam's did.
For my assignment I want the students to watch the youtube video "The Flipped Classroom" and write two paragraphs about how they feel about the concept, and how they would use the concept in their future classroom.
After watching the video send Aaron Sams (@chemicalsams) a tweet thanking him and leave a #edm310 hashtag so I can see it.

**If you really enjoyed the flipped classroom concept you can also check out the flipped classroom's blog page "The Flipped Class Network."

I really love the concept of the flipped classroom. I think it is great that the students are able to have more time in the classroom doing labs and many of the things that teachers have to leave out because they run out of time. With the students being able to watch the lessons at home as part of their homework assignments, they can come to class with a base knowledge of the material. Parents can also be more involved in the student's schoolwork because they can watch the lectures with them at home online.
As a future teacher I would really like to use the flipped classroom concept for my students. If I can get the students on board with the concept they will learn more about the subject matter. In the classroom I would be able to concentrate on our classwork by showing the children through labs and hands on activities how things in the world work. I cannot wait to test out this concept for myself and see if it something that I would really like to do more in the future.

1 comment: