Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog

Teacher/blogger

Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog
Mrs. Yollis is a third grade teacher in Los Angeles,California. Her classroom keeps a class blog much like we do here in EDM310. The blog page is very detailed and organized and is updated by her classroom with new posts daily. Looking at her blog page you can really tell that Mrs. Yollis tries to incorporate technology in almost every single aspect of her lessons. I think my favorite posts are about when her students get to skype with other classrooms from all over the world. It is so great how instead of just teaching her students about a particular place in the country or world, Mrs. Yollis actually contacts another teacher from that country or state and they have their students tell each other about where they are from. Her students are learning so much about technology and they are not even out of elementary school yet.
Another really interesting fact about Mrs. Yollis' class blog is that she has people viewing the page from all over the world. As of October 2011 she has had over 72,000 viewers! I think she is a great role model for future teachers who want to learn more about technology in the classroom. Her class blogs has even been awarded two years in a row for best class blog. I look forward to keeping up with Mrs. Yollis' class blog in the future. I hope that one day if she wants to do a lesson about Alabama she will contact my classroom and have a skype session.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jessica,

    Thanks so much for a terrific review of my classroom blog!

    I have evolved as a teacher and continue to learn even though I've been in the classroom for twenty-five years. Each year I find more ways to incorporate technology in meaningful ways in my classroom. The students love it and so do I!

    After you graduate and you have your first class, let me know and we can Skype! :-)

    Dr. Strange has a fabulous program for all of you. It really is covering what's happening in education today.

    Sincerely,
    Linda Y♥llis
    California

    ReplyDelete